All medium to large companies have to deal with data being stored in a number of databases, spreadsheets and proprietary applications. Bringing all this data together into one system can be useful to analyzing the business; but can also be quite difficult to do. Integration Services is the next big bet in Microsoft's business intelligence lineup, providing you with true enterprise extract transform and load features (ETL).
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services concentrates on providing you with real world solutions to real world problems, giving you a head start on various projects. If you are only evaluating Integration Services, you'll be able to focus on the early chapters with the option of drilling down into details in the later chapters where some of the more complex concepts will be discussed in detail. The interesting sidebars peppered throughout the book provide insight into the processes, people and decisions that yielded the final IS product.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- PART I. Getting Started
- PART II. Integration Services Basics and Concepts
- PART III. Control Flow Services
- PART IV. Management Services
- PART V. The Data Flow Task
- PART VI. Programming Integration Services
- Appendix A. Error, Warning, and Information Events
- Appendix B. Expression Evaluator Reference Sheet
- Title: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services
- Release date: July 2006
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 0672327813