To begin using Resource Governor for managing the resources of your workloads, follow these steps:
1. Enable Resource Governor.
2. Create your user-defined resource pools.
3. Define your workload groups and assign them to pools.
4. Create the classifier function.
5. Register the classifier function with the Resource Governor.
Resource Governor can be set up and managed using either SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) or via T-SQL commands. In the following sections, we first show you how to perform the tasks in SSMS and how the same actions can be implemented using T-SQL.