Prerequisites for Peer-to-Peer Replication
Let's now see the prerequisites for implementing the Peer-to-Peer Replication.
- SQL Server Edition: P2P Replication is available with the Enterprise Edition only.
- Schema and Data: All databases that participate in the P2P network should have identical schema and data. The names of objects should be identical. Ensure that the publication allows schema changes to replicate.
- Filtering: Ensure that we don't have row and column filtering as P2P Replication doesn't support row-and column-level filtering.
- Primary Key: It is a basic rule that every table should have a Primary Key to be a candidate table for Transactional Replication.
- Securing snapshot folder: This is about securing and accessing the snapshot folder. ...