Embark on the exciting journey of test automation, execution, and reporting in Test Studio with this practical tutorial
About This Video
Learn how to make the correct design choice between multidimensional and tabular models according to your project requirements
Learn the key implementation features of Analysis Services cubes and how to visualize data
An essential two hour course to get you familiar and productive with the basics of data analysis
Microsoft SQL Server is an enterprise database server with a multitude of technologies within it. SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services is one of those technologies that empowers users to analyze business data quickly and easily. However, designing cubes in Analysis Services can be a complex task: it's all too easy to make mistakes early on in development that lead to serious problems when the cube is in production. Learning the best practices for cube design before you start your project will help you avoid these problems and ensure that your project is a success.
This practical video course teaches you how to make design decisions, manage multidimensional and tabular models, and finally visualize data to successfully deliver a business intelligence project.
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Demystified gives viewers an insight into the best practices for designing and building Microsoft Analysis Services 2012 cubes.
Packed with real world tasks, this video course starts by helping you make design decisions, recognizing that this maximizes the successful delivery of a business intelligence project. You then get a walkthrough of the key concepts and terms that are common to both the multidimensional and tabular models of Analysis Services. Next, you will move onto key technical implementations of Analysis Services cubes, such as hierarchies, natural and unnatural relationships, and essential MDX expressions. Finally, you will learn about visualizing the data in DAX and MDX in order to expose the data accurately using Excel, Reporting Services, and Power View.
This video course is an invaluable tutorial for anyone who is planning to use Microsoft Analysis Services 2012 in a business intelligence project.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: SQL Server Analysis Prerequisites
- Analysis Services Architecture 00:03:12
- Dimensional Modeling Concepts 00:03:10
- Business needs That Are Best Served by Analysis Services 00:03:14
- SQL Server Management Studio 00:03:20
- Understanding SQL Server Data Tools 00:03:20
- Chapter 2: Tabular Modeling
- Chapter 3: Tabular Modeling for Analysis
- Chapter 4: Tabular Modeling Management
- Chapter 5: Multidimensional Modeling
- Chapter 6: Multidimensional Modeling for Analysis
- Chapter 7: Multidimensional Model Management
- Chapter 8: Visualizing Your Analysis Services Data
- Title: Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Demystified
- Release date: June 2013
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849689304