Part of a series of specialized guides on System Center - this book provides focused drilldown into building a virtualized network solution.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Chapter 1 Key concepts
- Chapter 2 Logical networks
Chapter 3 Port profiles
- Uplink port profiles
- What is defined in an uplink port profile?
- How are uplink port profiles used?
- How many uplink port profiles do you need?
- Naming conventions
- Network adapter port profiles
- What is defined in a network adapter port profile?
- How are network adapter port profiles used?
- How many network adapter port profiles do you need?
- Naming conventions
Chapter 4 Logical switches
- Logical switches
- What is a logical switch?
- Logical switches versus virtual switches
- Logical switches versus VMware distributed switches
- Planning your logical switch design
- Upgrading from Hyper-V Server 2008
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Virtual network interface cards (vNICs)
- Network adapter teaming
- Virtual high bandwidth adapters (HBAs)
- How many logical switches do you need?
- Enhancing logical switch capabilities
- VMM unavailability
Chapter 5 Deployment
- Preparing for deployment
- Deploying logical switches
- Untagged host management network adapter
- Tagged host management network adapter
- Bare-metal deployment
- Migrating from a standard switch to a logical switch
- Known deployment issues
- Limitations for an existing NIC team
- Deployment fails if host is out-of-scope
- Deployment fails when using different network adapter types
- Chapter 6 Operations
- Title: Microsoft System Center: Building a Virtualized Network Solution
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Microsoft Press
- ISBN: 9780735683105
You might also like
Exam Ref 70-745 Implementing a Software-Defined DataCenter
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-745–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of skills needed to build and …
Implementing SSL/TLS Using Cryptography and PKI
Hands-on, practical guide to implementing SSL and TLS protocols for Internet security If you are a …
Access Control, Authentication, and Public Key Infrastructure, 2nd Edition
PART OF THE JONES & BARTLETT LEARNING INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY & ASSURANCE SERIES Series meets all …
Windows Internals Seventh Edition Part 1: System architecture, processes, threads, memory management, and more, Seventh Edition
The definitive guide–fully updated for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 Delve inside Windows architecture and …