Chapter 3. Unpacking System Center Report Building Tools
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Planning the Report Builder installation
- Installing Report Builder
- Navigating through the Report Builder interface
- Organizing the reporting environment and delegating access to reports
- Creating data sources
- Creating datasets and a basic report in Report Builder
- Preparing for report subscriptions
You have the strategy, and you have generated the data. The question is, "What is the best tool available to you to create the reports?" The answer is, "It depends!"
The following are a list of tools that are available from Microsoft:
- Microsoft Excel
- Report Builder
- SQL Server Data Tools (formerly known as Business Intelligence Development Studio ...