Chapter 2. Installing SCVMM 2012
In this chapter, we will cover:
- Creating service accounts
- Deploying a Microsoft SQL Server for VMM implementation
- Installing VMM dependencies
- Configuring distributed key management
- Installing a VMM management server
- Installing the VMM console
- Connecting to a VMM management server by using the VMM console
- Creating a Run As account's credentials in VMM
- Configuring ports and protocols on the host firewall for each SCVMM component
Based on what we learned in the previous chapter, you now know that in order to start our System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 deployment, we should create the install accounts and deploy the SQL database.
As discussed, VMM is required to be an Active Directory member server.
In addition, ...