Based on site location or resource allocation, host groups are designed to group virtual machine hosts.
When you have a host group structure, the following settings and resources will be allocated at the host group level:
- Placement rules
- Host reserve settings (CPU, memory, disk I/O, disk space, and network I/O)
- Dynamic optimization and power optimization settings
- Network resources
- Storage capacity allocation
- PRO configuration
- Custom properties
A host group will also allow you to:
- Assign the groups to delegated administrators and to the read-only administrators roles, and then members of these user roles will be able to view and/or assign fabric resources
- Create a private cloud, assign host groups to it, and then allocate ...