Chapter 33. Advanced Web Services Programming
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Designing for Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Using Web Service Discovery
- Using Custom SOAP Headers
- Programming Secure Web Services
- Data-Binding Windows Forms to Web Services
Learning the appropriate syntax for creating web services is certainly important, but it is definitely not where the majority of work with web services takes place. Creating web services that add value in loosely coupling application components hinges more on effective design and appropriate technology decisions than it does on your knowledge of web service attributes.
This chapter introduces you to some of the techniques and design patterns that are used to create web services that add value to distributed ...