In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Manage Security Configurations
- Create and Apply LGPOs
- Configure User Account Control
- Use the Advanced Security Options
- Configure the Action Center
- Use Windows Defender
- Use BitLocker Drive Encryption
One of the most important tasks that anyone can perform on a system is protecting and securing the machine. Windows 7 offers a wide variety of security options.
If the Windows 7 computer is part of a domain, you can apply security through a Group Policy Object using the Group Policy Management Console. If the Windows 7 computer is not part of a domain, you use Local Group Policy Objects to manage local security.
In the first part of this chapter, you will learn about the various Windows ...