Installing and Configuring Applications
In this chapter, you will learn to:
- Use Getting Started in Windows 7
- Access Email in Windows 7
- Integrate Windows Fax and Scan
- Use Windows Media Player 12
- Control Digital Media with Windows Media Center
- Install and Uninstall Applications in Windows 7
Now that you have installed and configured Windows 7, it’s time to install and use applications. Windows 7 introduced Live Essentials, a new downloadable program suite, to use some of the built-in programs from Vista.
Previous versions of Windows introduced applications like Mail, Calendar, Contacts, a Getting Started welcome center, Fax and Scan, Media Player, and Media Center. These applications gave users quick access to features they would ...