Using AppFabric local cache
Along with server side in-memory caching, AppFabric also supports in-process client caching scenarios.
AppFabric local cache works as follows:
- Local caching is configured on the client
- Client requests for an object to be returned from a cache (for example, a
- If the object is available in the local cache then a reference to the object is directly sent to the calling client (without looking up the server cache)
- If the object is not available in-memory, then it is pulled from the server and it is placed in the local cache as well as returned back to the calling client
- Any subsequent request to the same object will result in the object being retrieved from the local cache
- The only exception, where the object will be ...