Conventions Used in This Book
Microsoft® Word 2013 QuickSteps® uses several conventions designed to make the book easier for you to follow:
• A in the table of contents references a QuickFacts sidebar in a chapter.
• Bold type is used for words on the screen that you are to do something with, such as click Save As or Open.
• Italic type is used for a word or phrase that is being defined or otherwise deserves special emphasis.
• Underlined type is used for text that you are to type from the keyboard. SMALL CAPITAL LETTERS are used for keys on the keyboard, such as ENTER and SHIFT.
• When you are expected to enter a command, you are told to ...