Chapter 17. Implementing Client Access and Hub Transport Servers
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Understanding the Client Access Server
- Installing the Client Access Server
- Understanding the Hub Transport Server
- Hub Transport Server Policy Compliance Features
- Transport Pipeline
- Installing the Hub Transport Server
Two new roles within the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 family are the Client Access server (CAS) and the Hub Transport server. In reality, these two roles are really specializations and evolutions of the original Exchange front-end and bridgehead server concepts, along with the Edge Transport server.
To see the place that the CAS and the Hub Transport server role hold in the constellation of Exchange 2007 roles, refer to Figure 17.1.
Figure 17.1. ...