Chapter 35. Designing and Optimizing Storage (SAN/NAS) in an Exchange Server 2007 Environment
IN THIS CHAPTER
- Defining the Technologies
- When Is the Right Time to Implement NAS and SAN Devices?
- Designing the Right Data Storage Structure for Exchange Server 2007
- Adding in Fault Tolerance for External Storage Systems
- Recommendations for SAN and NAS Solutions
- Making the Best Use of SAN/NAS Disks with Exchange Server 2007
A few years ago, storage area network (SAN) and network attached storage (NAS) devices were only found in very high-end data centers and were generally only used in very high-performance scenarios. Now, use of SAN and NAS devices has become much more common. SANs are extremely high-performance collections of disks that can be sliced ...