Features of the MDC in Relation to Other Boundary Indicators
- Unlike most other boundary indicators, the MDC requires a launch point reflective of a change in underlying market psychology. Only the Raff Regression Channel incorporates a fixed launch point.
- Unlike other boundary indicators the MDC incorporates volume.
- Unlike other boundary indicators its bands are adjusted individually, not in parallel, so that there may be a significant difference, say, between the distance between the central curve and the upper channel and the same curve and the lower one.
- Unlike some boundary indicators—such as the Donchian Channel, the Raff Regression Channel, and the Standard Deviation Channel—the bands of the MDC are nonlinear.
- Finally, unlike other band ...
Get MIDAS Technical Analysis: A VWAP Approach to Trading and Investing in Today's Markets now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.