- The process of fitting a TB-F curve to an accelerated trend that is in progress reveals what the total cumulative volume will have been at the end of the accelerated trend. It does not predict the date or price at the end, only the cumulative volume.
- Procedure for fitting the TB-F Curve
- Test for acceleration by observing if the first price pullback is far above (below) the S1 (R1) curve launched from the beginning of the trend.
- If it is, then start a TB-F curve at the beginning of the accelerated trend, and fit the curve to the first price pullback by iterating the value of D in the algorithm. The value of D that fits the curve is the projected total cumulative volume at the end of the trend.
- As the trend progresses and further price ...
Get MIDAS Technical Analysis: A VWAP Approach to Trading and Investing in Today's Markets now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.