In this chapter, we learnt about the key subsystems of Enterprise Manager Grid Control. We learnt about the major building blocks for each of the subsystems. Here are the key takeaways from this chapter.
- Users should be aware of subsystems of enterprise software.
- Target subsystem provides support for target type definition and target lifecycle. Target type definition contains attributes, metric definition, and associations with other targets.
- Monitoring subsystem provides support for collecting metrics, aggregating metrics, and raising alerts.
- Configuration management provides support for policy definitions and conformance of policies in datacenter; any non-conformance is raised as policy violation.
- As best practice, you should use monitoring ...