In this chapter we learnt about complexity in managing Oracle Service Bus. Through some exercises we saw how EM can simplify these complexities. The key takeaways before you move to the next chapter is:
- OSB is used to integrate disparate services.
- We need to manage the whole OSB eco system, as the availability and performance of OSB is dependent on the availability and performance of any related component.
- You can do basic monitoring of OSB services using metrics. For OSB we have metrics at proxy service, business service, and message flow level.
- For advanced monitoring you need to monitor performance of proxy, business service endpoints and BPEL eco system. Enterprise Manager provides a model to support that.
- Enterprise Manager provides very ...