Book descriptionAdopt the investment strategy that turned a school teacher into a millionaire
Millionaire Teacher shows you how to achieve financial independence through smart investing — without being a financial wizard. Author Andrew Hallam was a high school English teacher. He became a debt-free millionaire by following a few simple rules. In this book, he teaches you the financial fundamentals you need to follow in his tracks. You can spend just an hour per year on your investments, never think about the stock market's direction — and still beat most professional investors. It's not about get-rich-quick schemes or trendy investment products peddled by an ever-widening, self-serving industry; it's about your money and your future. This new second edition features updated discussion on passive investing, studies on dollar cost averaging versus lump sum investing, and a detailed segment on RoboAdvisors for Americans, Canadians, Australians, Singaporeans and British investors.
Financial literacy is rarely taught in schools. Were you shortchanged by your education system? This book is your solution, teaching you the ABCs of finance to help you build wealth.
- Gain the financial literacy to make smart investment decisions
- Learn why you should invest in index funds
- Find out how to find the right kind of financial advisor
- Avoid scams and flash-in-the-pan trends
Millionaire Teacher shows how to build a strong financial future today.
Table of contents
- RULE 1 Spend Like You Want to Grow Rich
- RULE 2 Use the Greatest Investment Ally You Have
RULE 3 Small Fees Pack Big Punches
- With Training, the Average Fifth Grader Can Take on Wall Street
- Financial Experts Backing the Irrefutable
- What Causes Experts to Shake Their Heads
- When the Best Funds Turn Malignant
- Reality Check
- When Best Mutual Fund Lists Can Strip You Naked
- What’s Under the Hood of an Index Fund?
- Captain America Calls for Government Action
- Who’s Arguing against Indexes?
RULE 4 Conquer the Enemy in the Mirror
- When a 10 Percent Gain Isn’t a 10 Percent Gain
- Are Index Fund Investors Smarter?
- It’s Not Timing the Market That Matters; It’s Time in the Market
- On Stocks . . . What You Really Should Have Learned in School
- Internet Madness and the Damage It Caused
- Taking Advantage of Fear and Greed
- Young People Should Salivate When Stocks Sputter
- Opportunities after Chaos
- RULE 5 Build Mountains of Money with a Responsible Portfolio
- RULE 6 Sample a “Round-the-World” Ticket to Indexing
RULE 7 No, You Don’t Have to Invest on Your Own
- Are You Wired Like a Buddha?
- How Does the Average Index Investor Underperform the Index?
- Intelligent Investing for Americans
- Intelligent Investing Firms for Canadians
- Intelligent Investing Firms for British Investors
- Intelligent Investing Firms for Australians
- Intelligent Investment Firms in Singapore
- Don’t Ask about Another Lover
- RULE 8 Peek inside a Pilferer’s Playbook
RULE 9 Avoid Seduction
- Confession Time
- Investment Newsletters and Their Track Records
- High-Yielding Bonds Called “Junk”
- Fast-Growing Markets Can Make Bad Investments
- Gold Isn’t an Investment
- What You Need to Know about Investment Magazines
- Hedge Funds—The Rich Stealing from the Rich
- Don’t Buy a Currency-Hedged Stock Market ETF
- Beware of the Smart Beta Promise
- Don’t Jump Heavily into Small-Cap Stocks
- About the Author
- Title: Millionaire Teacher, 2nd Edition
- Release date: January 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119356295
You might also like
Codeless Data Structures and Algorithms : Learn DSA Without Writing a Single Line of Code
In the era of self-taught developers and programmers, essential topics in the industry are frequently learned …
What Is the Cloud?
Why are so many companies moving to the cloud? In a word, agility. Businesses need to …
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Cloud Native Patterns
With 25 years of experience under her belt, Cornelia Davis teaches you the practices and patterns …