In This Chapter
- A concise definition of mindfulness
- The three important aspects of mindful practice
- A list of useful principles
- How to work toward greater happiness
- Seeing things more clearly
- The right attitude for mindfulness
In this chapter I present the essence of how to practice mindfulness. The remainder of the book gives you detailed instructions about how to cultivate the various aspects of mindfulness, and discusses how to apply it in your life—but if you want to study a single chapter and then get started, this is the one to read.
Mindfulness is a whole body-and-mind experience, somewhat like long-distance ...