Awareness of Your Feelings
In This Chapter
- A mindful view of feelings
- Learning to watch feelings arise and pass away
- Acknowledging feelings but not letting them control you
- Studying emotional reactions mindfully
- Gaining relief from troubling feelings
Feelings are your immediate emotional responses to the things you encounter, or to your own thoughts or actions. They tell you whether you like something, dislike it, or feel neutral about it. If you tend to give your feelings lots of weight, they obviously have a significant effect on your life. If you tend to dismiss your feelings, you probably find they end up having an effect on your ...