Awareness of Your States of Mind
In This Chapter
- What mind states are and aren’t
- Becoming more aware of what’s happening in your mind
- Various kinds of mind states you may experience
- Learning to look more deeply at your mind
- How to cultivate the mind states you want
An important object of mindfulness is the state of your own mind. I covered some of this in the previous chapter on awareness of your feelings, but while a mind state may have an emotional tone, it’s something very different from your immediate emotional response to something. How is your mind operating? Is it attentive, dull, agitated, calm, scattered, or focused? Do you ...