Nonjudgment and Acceptance
In This Chapter
- How nonjudgment and acceptance support a receptive attitude
- New ways to relate to your judgments and assumptions
- Letting go of judging yourself
- Learning to operate without jumping to conclusions
- How to work on acceptance and equanimity
When you’re working on mindfulness and trying to see your life clearly, it’s not enough to be able to pay attention. That’s a prerequisite and very important, but even if you’re able to sustain awareness of something, your perceptions can be biased and clouded by your judgments about what you’re perceiving. Lack of acceptance can prevent you from seeing something ...