Instagram is one of the world's largest and most popular social networks with tens of millions of photos uploaded to its photo sharing platform every day. In this course, you'll learn the basics of connecting to the Instagram platform, explore its data, and analyze its content. First, you'll create a developer account and connect to the Instagram API to pull data. Then, you'll discover some techniques for analyzing that data before exploring some computer vision applications in a very accessible way. Learners must have their own Instagram profile with multiple image posts and basic proficiency in Python.
- Learn how to use Instagram's developer platform, API, and sandbox
- Explore basic techniques used in computer vision and artificial intelligence
- Gain experience using Google's deep learning APIs to automatically label images and detect faces
- Enhance your ability to build applications that can mine data from social media platforms
Mikhail Klassen refined his expertise in data mining, data analysis, and machine learning during his work as a PhD in astrophysics. He's now the Chief Data Scientist for Paladin:Paradigm Knowledge Solutions in Montreal, where he combines data mining and artificial intelligence to deliver personalized training to aerospace engineers.
Table of contents
- Title: Mining the Social Web: Mining Instagram
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492032113
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …