Instagram is one of the world's largest and most popular social networks with tens of millions of photos uploaded to its photo sharing platform every day. In this course, you'll learn the basics of connecting to the Instagram platform, explore its data, and analyze its content. First, you'll create a developer account and connect to the Instagram API to pull data. Then, you'll discover some techniques for analyzing that data before exploring some computer vision applications in a very accessible way. Learners must have their own Instagram profile with multiple image posts and basic proficiency in Python.
- Learn how to use Instagram's developer platform, API, and sandbox
- Explore basic techniques used in computer vision and artificial intelligence
- Gain experience using Google's deep learning APIs to automatically label images and detect faces
- Enhance your ability to build applications that can mine data from social media platforms
Mikhail Klassen refined his expertise in data mining, data analysis, and machine learning during his work as a PhD in astrophysics. He's now the Chief Data Scientist for Paladin:Paradigm Knowledge Solutions in Montreal, where he combines data mining and artificial intelligence to deliver personalized training to aerospace engineers.
Table of contents
- Title: Mining the Social Web: Mining Instagram
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492032113
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
OSCON 2019 - Portland, Oregon
OSCON Portland 2019 brought together a vibrant and diverse collection of talented speakers (open source leaders …
Expanded Edition (August 2018) Updated with Design Patterns episodes from the Clean Code series from Clean …
Mining the Social Web - Web Pages
How do software programs that automatically extract information from web pages actually work? This video course, …