Instagram is one of the world's largest and most popular social networks with tens of millions of photos uploaded to its photo sharing platform every day. In this course, you'll learn the basics of connecting to the Instagram platform, explore its data, and analyze its content. First, you'll create a developer account and connect to the Instagram API to pull data. Then, you'll discover some techniques for analyzing that data before exploring some computer vision applications in a very accessible way. Learners must have their own Instagram profile with multiple image posts and basic proficiency in Python.
- Learn how to use Instagram's developer platform, API, and sandbox
- Explore basic techniques used in computer vision and artificial intelligence
- Gain experience using Google's deep learning APIs to automatically label images and detect faces
- Enhance your ability to build applications that can mine data from social media platforms
Mikhail Klassen refined his expertise in data mining, data analysis, and machine learning during his work as a PhD in astrophysics. He's now the Chief Data Scientist for Paladin:Paradigm Knowledge Solutions in Montreal, where he combines data mining and artificial intelligence to deliver personalized training to aerospace engineers.
Table of Contents
- Welcome To The Course 00:03:32
- About The Author 00:00:54
- Why Mine Instagram? 00:02:37
- Getting Your API Access 00:04:20
- Retrieving Your Instagram Feed 00:03:28
- Amatomy Of An Instagram Post 00:03:18
- Introduction To Neural Networks 00:05:36
- Recognizing Handwritten Digits 00:09:28
- Applying Pretrained Neural Networks To Instagram Posts 00:09:47
- Wrap Up 00:01:37
- Title: Mining the Social Web: Mining Instagram
- Release date: January 2018
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492032113