Mastering the Final Mix
In This Chapter
- Learning how mastering works—and how it differs from mixing
- How to know when your mix is ready for mastering
- Getting your mix ready for mastering
- Applying EQ and effects to create the perfect master
- Other options for mastering your recording
You’ve gathered all your recorded tracks and mixed them together. You’ve edited the tracks; set levels and panning; and applied EQ, reverb, compression, and other effects. What you have now is a perfect mix.
But that’s not the end. When the mix is final, it’s time to move on to the very last part of the recording process: mastering. During mastering, you ...