In this Mobile Game Development with Corona SDK, expert author J.A. Whye will teach you how to create a mobile game with Corona SDK for iOS or Android. This course is developed for beginners, meaning no prior programming experience is required.
You will start by learning about the Lua language, then jump into how to display and animate images. From there, Whye will teach you about tap and touch events and how to use the widget library, including how to make buttons with widgets and create scrolling pictures. This video tutorial will also cover how to create text on the screen, manage a scene with Composer, and saving and loading files.
You will also learn how to display Sprites on the screen and animate them, as well as how to use music and sound effects in your game to create a scoring system. Finally, you will learn how to create three simple games: a physics-based puzzler, a memory match game, and a space shooter.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will be fully capable of creating your own game from scratch with Corona SDK. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Crash Course In Lua
- Display And Animate Images
- Tap And Touch Events
- Using The Widget Library
- Make Some Noise - Music And Sound FX
- Text As Display Objects
- Scene Management With Composer
- Saving And Loading Files
- Sprite Animation
- The Basics Of Box2D Physics
- Creating A Physics-Based Game
Creating A Space Shooter Game
- The Space Shooter Game 00:08:51
- Creating A Puzzle Game
- Polishing Up The Games - Miscellaneous Tips
- About The Author 00:01:36
- Title: Mobile Game Development With Corona SDK
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771373029