In this chapter, we looked at privacy consequences and their triggers related to the use of mobile devices, including:
- Session and persistent cookies, which capture your activities on the Internet
- Malicious software (malware): applications (apps) written to benefit others at your expense
- Apps hidden inside other apps, both innocent and malicious
- Carrier IQ's data collection and transmission app to benefit cell phone providers
- The collection of your personal information through apps, by developers and app distributors including Google and Apple
- Tracking you through you mobile device, and law enforcement agencies' use of that information
- The increased use of mobile devices for shopping, banking, and other activities requiring personal and sensitive ...