In this chapter, we looked at various types of scams and threats related to the use of mobile devices. The next chapter will show you the specifics on how to protect yourself from the various threats identified. We provided ways of recognizing or being aware of all the necessary threats that are out there, including the following details:
- Scams or threats have been increasing in the last four to five years.
- Malicious software (malware) written to benefit others at your expense.
- Toll fraud sends premium-rate SMS from your device, incurring charges on your phone bill.
- SMS spoofing allows a person to change sender's mobile number, which is the ID and also the name where the text messages come from.
- The increased use of mobile devices for shopping, ...