If you’re facing issue of decreased frequency of deployment, high new releases failure rate and longer lead time between fixes than modern DevOps is the answer for your problems. DevOps looks at software development in a whole new way. Let’s take advantage of DevOps to overcome day-to-day IT infrastructure challenges in a more efficient and effective manner.
Modern DevOps in Practice will introduce you to modern Development Operations (DevOps), how to utilize it in your development environment work with tools (Terraform and Azure DevOps). After this course you’ll be able to bring more automation and standardization to the development process, human errors can be significantly reduced and it will be best practices more efficiently shared across teams. Continuous delivery will help you save time setting up and fixing your working environments. Additionally you will learn about the fundamental principles of DevOps and how to transform your team into one that follows the core of DevOps.
By the end of this course you will feel comfortable with what DevOps learn how to utilize modern day tools to better ship code and provide high availability environments.
What You Will Learn
- DevOps concepts, design patterns, developing strategy, and methodologies.
- Explore popular tools available for continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- Use terraform to automate your infrastructure.
- Containerization using Docker.
- Container orchestration using AKS (Kubernetes).
- Kubernetes and KubeCtl basics.
- Create build configurations to address automation, continuous deployment, containers, and monitoring.
- Integrate a Dockerized app with DevOps style automated workflows.
- Scripting using Bash and Powershell
- Custom tools and helpers using GoLang.
- Additional infrastructure and services (vault, container registry, git) to support the pipeline.
- Build a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Pipeline using Azure DevOps.
- Kubernetes, application, and VM monitoring and logging.
This video targets system administrators, developers, and IT professionals who would like to employ DevOps techniques and best practices to manage IT infrastructures or would like to acquire the skills needed to work in DevOps teams.
About The Author
Cory W. Cordell: Cory W. Cordell is a focused technologist that has a great passion for Software Engineering and DevOps. He believes that the application of DevOps principles are essential in staying competitive in today's technologically sophisticated market.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction and Setup
- Chapter 2 : Introduction to DevOpsPrinciples
- Chapter 3 : Introduction to DevOps
- Chapter 4 : Configuration as Code and Container Orchestration
- Chapter 5 : Infrastructure as Code
- Chapter 6 : Automation, Pipeline Orchestration, and CI/CD
- Chapter 7 : Monitoring and Logging
- Chapter 8 : Scripting Automation and Custom Tools
Chapter 9 : Course Project
- Overview – Course Project
- Azure DevOps Project Creation
- Setup the Teams and Planning Boards
- Setup Repositories
- Set Branch Policies and Defaults
- Create Azure Resources - Part One
- Create Azure Resources - Part Two
- Create Azure Resources - Part Three
- Secrets and Variables
- CI Build Definitions
- CD Release Definitions – Part 1
- CD Release Definitions – Part 2
- CD Release Definitions – Part 3
- Title: Modern DevOps in Practice
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789138030
You might also like
Build a CI/CD Pipeline
Approximately 8 Hours of Video Instruction If your development team is still dealing with manual and …
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
Elasticsearch 8 and the Elastic Stack: In-Depth and Hands-On
Elasticsearch 8 is a powerful tool for analyzing big datasets in a matter of milliseconds! It’s …
Learn Flutter and Dart to Build iOS and Android Apps (2023)
What makes Flutter the best framework to build mobile apps? With Flutter, you can build mobile …