Chapter 7. Advanced Module Techniques
In this chapter, we will look at a number of more advanced techniques for working with modules and packages. In particular, we will:
- Examine the more unusual ways in which the
importstatement can be used, including optional imports, local imports, and how to tweak the way importing works by changing
- Briefly examine a number of "gotchas" relating to importing modules and packages
- Take a look at how you can use the Python interactive interpreter to help develop your modules and packages more quickly
- Learn how to work with global variables within a module or package
- See how to configure a package
- Discover how to include data files as part of your Python package.
Try opening the Python interactive ...