In this chapter, we have learned about plugins and modules.
- The differences between plugins and modules are:
- Snippets are executed when they are explicitly called either in a resource, a template, or from another snippet.
- Plugins are executed on the trigger of the events with which they are associated. This allows the plugin code to be executed just before resource rendering, user registration, and so on, as needed.
- Modules are executed only from within the Manager. They are used for creating the tables that dependent plugins or snippets may want to use. Modules can also provide an interface in order to give values to the plugin and snippet parameters.
- You have learned how to use plugins and how to customize plugins.
- You have also learned how ...