Chapter 2. Installing Moodle
Even if you don't install Moodle yourself, you should skim this chapter for information that will be helpful to you as a course manager and/or creator. That is because the choices made during Moodle's installation can affect how the system works for people who create, teach, and/or take courses on that system.
Installing Moodle consists of the following activities:
- Obtaining space and rights on a web server that has the capabilities needed to run Moodle
- Creating the subdomains and/or directories needed for Moodle and its data
- Getting and unpacking Moodle, and uploading it to your web server
- Creating the data directory
- Creating the Moodle database
- Activating the installation routine and specifying settings for your Moodle ...