There are a number of different roles configured in Moodle, by default these are:
- Site administrator: The site administrator can do everything on the site including creating the site structure, courses, activities, and resources, and managing user accounts.
- Manager: The manager can access courses and modify them. They usually do not participate in teaching courses.
- Course creator: The course creator can create courses when assigned rights in a category.
- Teacher: The teacher can do anything within a course, including adding and removing resources and activities, communicating with students, and grading them.
- Non-editing teacher: The non-editing teacher can teach and communicate in courses and grade students, but cannot alter or add activities, ...