Why set goals? What's in it for you?
Goal setting achieves the following positives:
- Focuses your efforts and improves your direction in life
- Causes you to set priorities and become more organized
- Turns your wishful thinking into reality
- Points out to you your successes as you achieve them, motivating you on to further success
- Can improve your self-esteem
- Makes you responsible for your own life it causes you to define your own value system
- Makes you aware of your strengths, as you can use to overcome obstacles and solve problems
- Points out your weaknesses, meaning you can begin setting new goals to improve in those areas and turn them into strengths
Record keeping is important. Writing down your goals and action plans represents a commitment; ...