6+ Hours of Video Instruction
Learn the fundamentals of databases and prepare for the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) exam 98-364: Database Fundamentals.
In MTA 98-364 Database Fundamentals LiveLessons, you gain the knowledge required to work with and design relational databases and prepare for Microsoft MTA Exam 98-364.
Drawing on his experience as a SQL Server MVP, Eric Johnson guides you from the basic elements of databases, such as tables and indexes, and progresses into the principles of database design and layout. Building on that foundation, you learn how to perform more advanced skills, such as database administration, backup, and security.
Topics are organized into easily digestible lessons so you can learn these skills with ease. This video course, along with additional study, helps you achieve the hands-on experience recommended to take the exam and demonstrate your mastery of database fundamentals.
Learn How To
- Understand concepts involved with database storage
- Perform database normalization
- Create database objects
- Manipulate data in databases
- Secure databases
- Back up and restore databases
Who Should Take This Course
- Developers and system administrators with no prior experience working with databases
- Knowledge of Windows operating system
- IT background with no prior database experience
About Pearson Video Training
Pearson publishes expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. These professional and personal technology videos feature world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include IT Certification, Network Security, Cisco Technology, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, and more. Learn more about Pearson Video training at http://www.informit.com/video.
Video Lessons are available for download for offline viewing within the streaming format. Look for the green arrow in each lesson.
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: Understanding Database Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Database Storage
- Lesson 3: Creating Database Objects
Lesson 4: Manipulating Data
- Learning objectives
- 4.1 Understand data manipulation language (DML)
- 4.2 Read data using SELECT statements
- 4.3 Query multiple tables with join statements
- 4.4 Use UNION and INTERSECT statements
- 4.5 Add data using INSERT statements
- 4.6 Change data using UPDATE statements
- 4.7 Remove data using DELETE statements
- Lesson 5: Understanding Database Security
- Lesson 6: Understanding Database Backup and Restore
- Title: MTA 98-364: Database Fundamentals LiveLessons
- Release date: October 2019
- Publisher(s): Addison-Wesley Professional
- ISBN: 0136412946
You might also like
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …
Database Fundamentals LiveLessons
6+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn the fundamentals of databases. Overview In MTA 98-364 Database Fundamentals …
MTA 98-381: Introduction to Programming Using Python
4+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn the fundamentals of Python programming and prepare for the Microsoft …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …