If you’re considering a multicloud approach to host applications, you’re in good company. According to a recent survey, 42% of the world’s organizations have adopted this strategy. But there are significant challenges and complexities to overcome. This practical report walks you through the pros and cons of migrating to these environments, particularly for securing your applications.
Cybersecurity experts Laurent Gil and Allan Liska show you how to orchestrate and manage multicloud environments, including edge technologies designed to secure and protect your environment. Managers and leaders will learn methods for distributing workloads across cloud providers as well as ways to avoid potential pitfalls when pursuing this strategy.
- Understand the benefits of adopting a multicloud architecture—along with the trade-offs and short-term costs
- Learn how orchestration lets you manage dozens of applications across thousands of containers in a multicloud environment
- Explore ways to apply a consistent security policy across all cloud platforms
- Implement layered security that includes vulnerability scanning, API gateway deployment, and web application firewalls
- Delve into specific use cases for delivering web application security across all cloud providers
Table of contents
1. Why Multicloud Architecture?
- What Is a Multicloud Architecture?
- Benefits of a Multicloud Architecture
- Modes of Distributing Workloads Across Multiple Cloud Providers
- 2. Multicloud Infrastructure Orchestration and Management
3. Security in Multicloud Environments
- Edge Management Principles
- API Gateways as a Mechanism for Centralizing Security Policies
- Web Application Firewalls
- Network Monitoring
- Security Monitoring, Logging, and Notification
4. Multicloud Security Use Cases
- DNS Resiliency and Traffic Steering
- Bot Management
- API Protection
- Application-Layer DDoS Protection
- Network-Layer DDoS Protection
- Deep Internet Monitoring: Data Intelligence
- Combined Policy, Management, and Visibility
- The Edge Allows for Simpler Managed Services Offerings
- Title: Multicloud Architecture Migration and Security
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781492050391
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Kubernetes in Action
Kubernetes in Action teaches you to use Kubernetes to deploy container-based distributed applications. You'll start with …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …