Step-by-step instructions and corresponding step number
callouts on photos show you exactly what to do
Help when you run into problems or limitations of your iPad or its apps and you need to figure out what to do
Tips and Notes to help you get the most out of your iPad and its apps Costello
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through learning how to use your iPad for home, school, and just for fun!
Learn how to:
Safely surf the Internet on the iPad to do research for school and find interesting facts.
Use email, texting, and chatting apps to stay in touch with friends, family, and teachers.
Have fun (or do group projects for school) using FaceTime and Skype video chatting.
Use the iPad in school and for homework. Four chapters of suggestions for grade-specific apps (4th through 7th grade) to help you excel in the classroom.
Use the built-in Music app so you can rock out to your favorite tunes.
Watch movies and TV shows from iTunes and videos on YouTube (only when homework is done, of course).
Use iPad’s built-in cameras to take photos and video of you and your friends. Use the Photo Booth app to make them even more interesting (or a little crazy!).
Set new high scores playing the tens of thousands of great games available at the App Store.
Discover great apps for school or just for fun through recommendations in nearly every chapter.
Parents can feel more secure thanks to special tips that help kids use the Internet safely and responsibly.
Become your own tech support team by learning to maintain and solve problems with your iPad, including tips on restarting, backing up, and cleaning the iPad.
Includes coverage of the latest iPad technologies, including iOS 5.1 and 4G LTE.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- Online Extras
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Learn More with Online Extras!
- 1. Please Touch: How the iPad Works
- 2. Getting Started: Set Up and Sync Your iPad
- 3. It’s All Yours! Customizing Your iPad
- 4. Surf’s Up! Using the Internet
- 5. Talk to Me: Texting, Chatting, and Email
- 6. Get Ready for Your Close Up! It’s FaceTime!
- 7. Using Your iPad for School
- 8. Get Organized with Calendar and Reminders
- 9. E-books and iBooks
- 10. Using Your iPad in Fourth Grade
- 11. Using Your iPad in Fifth Grade
- 12. Using Your iPad in Sixth Grade
- 13. Using Your iPad in Seventh Grade
- 14. Rock Out: Music on the iPad
- 15. Lights, Camera, Action: Videos and Photos
- 16. It’s Play Time: Gaming on the iPad
- 17. Fixing Problems Yourself
- 18. Taking Care of Your iPad
- Title: My iPad® for Kids
- Release date: June 2012
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133025132
You might also like
Whistleblowers: Incentives, Disincentives, and Protection Strategies
Solid guidance for managing whistleblower policies in light of the new Dodd-Frank Act provisions In July …
IT Portfolio Management Step-by-Step: Unlocking the Business Value of Technology
Praise for IT Portfolio Management Step-by-Step "Bryan Maizlish and Robert Handler bring their deep experience in …
Architecting the Cloud: Design Decisions for Cloud Computing Service Models (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS)
An expert guide to selecting the right cloud service model for your business Cloud computing is …
Organizational Change: Creating Change Through Strategic Communication
Organizational Change integrates major empirical, theoretical and conceptual approaches to implementing communication in organizational settings. Laurie …