My iPad for Kids is here to help your kids (and you!) get the most out of your iPad2, iPad 3rd or 4th generation, or iPad mini running iOS 6. Using full-color, step-by-step tasks, My iPad for Kids walks step-by-step through learning how to use your iPad for home, school, and just for fun! Grade specific chapters for grades 4-7 offer information on apps that are great resources for everything from music to art to spelling and math homework. In addition, you learn how to setup and configure all the features of your iPad, including connecting to networks, setting up and using email accounts, using Siri, downloading and installing apps, safely surfing the internet downloading and syncing music and videos, taking and sharing photos, playing games, as well as setting up restrictions (parental controls) and troubleshooting problems with your iPad, should any occur.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through learning how to use your iPad for home, school, and just for fun! Learn how to:
• Safely surf the Internet on the iPad to do research for school and find interesting facts.
• Use email, texting, and chat apps to stay in touch with friends, family, and teachers.
• Have fun (or do group projects for school) using FaceTime and Skype video chatting.
• Write emails, search the Web, and launch apps with your voice using Siri.
• Use the iPad in school and for homework. Four chapters of suggestions for grade-specific apps (4th through 7th grade) to help you excel in the classroom.
• Use the built-in Music app so you can rock out to your favorite tunes.
• Watch movies and TV shows from iTunes and videos on YouTube (only when homework is done, of course).
• Use iPad’s built-in cameras to take photos and video of you and your friends. Use the Photo Booth app to make them even more interesting—or a little crazy!
• Set new high scores playing the tens of thousands of great games available at the App Store.
• Discover great apps for school or just for fun through recommendations in nearly every chapter.
• Reassure your parents that you can use your iPad and the Internet safely and responsibly.
• Become your own tech support team by learning to maintain and solve problems with your iPad, including tips on restarting, backing up, and cleaning the iPad.
• Read about the latest iPad technologies, including iOS 6, Siri, and 4G LTE.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- Online Extras
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Learn More with Online Extras!
- 1. Please Touch: How the iPad Works
- 2. Getting Started: Set Up and Sync Your iPad
- 3. It’s All Yours! Customizing Your iPad
- 4. Surf’s Up! Using the Internet
- 5. Talk to Me: Texting, Chatting, and Email
- 6. Get Ready for Your Close-Up! It’s FaceTime!
- 7. Using Your iPad for School
- 8. Get Organized with Calendar, Reminders, and Clock
- 9. E-books and iBooks
- 10. Using Your iPad in Fourth Grade
- 11. Using Your iPad in Fifth Grade
- 12. Using Your iPad in Sixth Grade
- 13. Using Your iPad in Seventh Grade
- 14. Rock Out: Music on the iPad
- 15. Lights, Camera, Action: Videos and Photos
- 16. It’s Play Time: Gaming on the iPad
- 17. Fixing Problems Yourself
- 18. Taking Care of Your iPad
- Title: My iPad® for Kids (covers iOS 6 and iPad 3rd generation), Second Edition
- Release date: November 2012
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133259568
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …