12. Upgrading Your MacBook Hardware and Software
In this chapter, you learn how to upgrade the built-in capabilities of your MacBook’s hardware and software, including
• Upgrading the built-in memory
• Replacing the factory hard drive
• Using external storage devices
• Upgrading Snow Leopard
• Adding new software
• Finding useful software for your MacBook
It’s amazing how quickly “more than I’ll ever use” becomes “less than I need.” Even though your MacBook came with at least a gigabyte of memory and more than 100 gigabytes of storage, chances are you’ll eventually need more. Many MacBook models’ internal memory and hard drives ...
Get My MacBook now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.