My Online Privacy for Seniors is an exceptionally easy and complete guide to protecting your privacy while you take advantage of the extraordinary resources available to you through the Internet and your mobile devices. It approaches every topic from a senior’s point of view, using meaningful examples, step-by-step tasks, large text, close-up screen shots, and a custom full-color interior designed for comfortable reading.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks–in legible print–walk you through how to keep your personal information and content secure on computers and mobile devices. Learn how to:
- Strengthen your web browser’s privacy in just a few steps
- Make it harder to track and target you with personalized ads
- Protect against dangerous fake emails and ransomware
- Securely bank and shop online
- Control who sees your Facebook or Instagram posts and photos you share
- Securely use cloud services for backups or shared projects
- Protect private data on your mobile device, even if it’s stolen
- Block most unwanted calls on your smartphone
- Improve your home’s Internet security quickly and inexpensively
- Get straight answers to online privacy questions–in steps that are simple to follow and easy to understand
You don’t have to avoid today’s amazing digital world: you can enrich your life, deepen your connections, and still keep yourself safe.