Step-by-step instructions with callouts to Windows 8 that show you exactly what to do.
Help when you run into Windows 8 problems or limitations.
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from Windows 8.
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping Windows 8 working just the way you want. Learn how to
Quickly master Windows 8’s fluid, colorful interface--and leave yesterday’s Windows behind!
Get super-productive fast with the latest touch and mouse techniques
Tweak your Start screen to get easy access to tasks you do every day
Get up-to-this-instant information with Live Tiles
Browse the web with the sleek, streamlined Internet Explorer 10
Use Windows 8’s great built-in apps and get more at the new Windows Store
Secure your computer with custom Lock screens, picture passwords, PIN logons, and location privacy
Copy, move, and share files through the revamped File Explorer
View, organize, and share all your photos on your PC, photo sites, and favorite social media accounts
Work with Windows 7 programs through the Windows 8 desktop
Keep your files safely backed up and Windows 8 safely updated
Improve computer performance with Windows 8’s updated system tools
Stream media and share files easily with your PCs, your Xbox 360, tablets, and phones
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- 1. Wow, Windows 8!
- 2. Preparing Your Windows 8 PC and Devices
- 3. Beginning with the Start Screen
- 4. Working with the Windows 8 Desktop
- 5. Personalizing Windows 8
- 6. Securing Your Windows 8 Computer
- 7. Exploring Windows 8 Apps
- 8. Managing Files with File Explorer
- 9. Always Online with Internet Explorer 10
- 10. Connect and Communicate with Windows 8
- 11. Get Entertained with Windows 8 Photos, Music, Movies, and Xbox
- 12. Connect with Other Computers, Devices, and the Cloud
- 13. Windows 8 Care, Feeding, and Troubleshooting
- A. Windows 8 App Gallery
- Add Pages
- Title: My Windows® 8
- Release date: September 2012
- Publisher(s): Que
- ISBN: 9780133012378