A beginner’s guide to the upgraded version of MySQL 8 Administration
About This Video
- Setting up MySQL 8 and running with replication, learn about database administration topics like backups, replication, monitoring, point in time recovery, switchovers, user management and version upgrades.
- Hands on experience of operations carried out on MySQL instances, running sysbench against them, and producing a workload.
MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database. Since the release of MySQL 5.0 in 2003, it is MySQL 8 that comes with a major update.
This course goes over the basics of MySQL administration, through examples on MySQL 8. It also covers the differences between various MySQL versions. It starts off with the basics: Installing MySQL and Creating users. After that, we will get sysbench up and running. Sysbench, responsible for issuing queries against databases, is the de-facto benchmarking tool for MySQL. With that hands-on lab environment at hand, we will learn about various database administration topics like backups, replication, monitoring, point in time recovery, switchovers, user management and version upgrades.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to set up new MySQL databases and perform basic administration tasks using the latest version.
All the code and supporting files for this course are available on Github at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-MySQL-8-for-Administrators
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Setting Up MySQL 8
Chapter 2 : Configuring MySQL 8
- Changing Configuration Parameters in my.cnf 00:07:11
- Changing MySQL Configuration Parameters Online 00:10:04
- New in MySQL 8: Persisting Configuration Parameters 00:10:08
- Essential MySQL Configuration Parameters 00:06:17
- Essential InnoDB 00:09:08
- Chapter 3 : MySQL Users and Privilege System
- Chapter 4 : MySQL Replication
- Chapter 5 : Monitoring
- Chapter 6 : Backing Up MySQL
- Chapter 7 : Advanced Replication and Switchovers
- Chapter 8 : Migration from 5.7
- Title: MySQL 8 for Administrators
- Release date: May 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788398329
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Apache Kafka Series - Learn Apache Kafka for Beginners
Tutorial: Learn the Apache Kafka ecosystem, core concepts, operations, Kafka API, and build your own producers …
Introduction to MySQL
This course teaches you how to create a stand-alone MySQL database and how to add, change, …
Amazon Web Services AWS LiveLessons 2nd Edition
More Than 17 Hours of Video Instruction More than 17 hours of video instruction on Amazon …