Chapter 1. Getting Up and Running with MySQL for Python
It may seem rather unnecessary to start a book on MySQL for Python with a chapter on setting it up. There are, in fact, several ways to get MySQL for Python in a place such that your local Python installation can use it. Which one you use will depend as much on your familiarity with your operating system and with Python itself, as it will on which operating system and version of Python you are running.
In this chapter we will cover the following:
- Where you can get MySQL for Python
- Installing MySQL for Python
- Importing the module into your programs
- Accessing online help about the MySQL for Python API and its accompanying modules
- How to connect to a database
- How to create a MySQL cursor proxy within ...