3.20. Utility piping
3.20.1. Utility services
• In process areas and where necessary for maintenance and cleaning, valved hose connections should be installed for compressed air, low-pressure steam, service water, and inert gas (when required).
• The diameter of service connections should be DN 20 (NPS 0.75) and the hose length should be 15 m.
• All branch piping from utility headers should be taken from the top of the header to prevent plugging.
• Hose connections should be located with respect to the operator: air on the left, steam at the middle, and water on the right.
• Emergency showers and eyewash fountains should be provided for process plants handling dangerous chemicals.
3.20.2. Cooling water
1. Cooling water lines should have block valves ...