3.20. Utility piping
3.20.1. Utility services
• In process areas and where necessary for maintenance and cleaning, valved hose connections should be installed for compressed air, low-pressure steam, service water, and inert gas (when required).
• The diameter of service connections should be DN 20 (NPS 0.75) and the hose length should be 15 m.
• All branch piping from utility headers should be taken from the top of the header to prevent plugging.
• Hose connections should be located with respect to the operator: air on the left, steam at the middle, and water on the right.
• Emergency showers and eyewash fountains should be provided for process plants handling dangerous chemicals.
3.20.2. Cooling water
1. Cooling water lines should have block valves ...
Get Natural Gas Processing now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.