Succeed with topical reviews, practice exams, and preparation tools
“The book offers a quick ‘cram’ approach to the NCLEX that is user friendly and not time intensive. The overall approach is learner-centered and the content is well paced.”
—Catherine Dearman, RN, PhD
Covers exactly what you need to know to score higher on your NCLEX-PN® exam.
Includes 400 sample test questions to help you determine whether you’re ready to take the actual exam.
Our popular Cram Sheet tearcard helps you remember key concepts.
Exam Alerts provide important information found on the exam.
Simplifies pharmacology for easy learning.
Written by Leading Nursing Experts!
Wilda Rinehart has R.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., F.N.C., and F.P.N.P. degrees. Her experience includes staff nurse in surgery, labor and delivery; public-health nurse; and family-planning nurse practitioner. She also was an instructor of surgical and obstetrical nursing.
Diann Sloan has R.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., F.N.C., as well as MS. Ed. and Ph.D. in Education degrees. She has worked as a staff nurse in surgical nursing, pediatrics, and neonatal intensive care and as a pediatric nurse clinician. She has also been an instructor of pediatric and psychiatric nursing.
Clara Hurd has M.S.N., R.N., and C.N.E. degrees. She has worked with Pearson as a consultant on item writing. She has 31 years of experience and has worked as a staff nurse in medical-surgical nursing and the surgical intensive care unit. Ms. Hurd has taught in associate and baccalaureate nursing programs.
Category: Test Preparation and Review
NCLEX-PN® is a registered trademark of the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. (NCSBN), which does not sponsor or endorse this product.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- About the Technical Reviewer
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Reader Services
- Chapter One. Preparing for the National Council Exam for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Chapter Two. Simplifying Pharmacology
- Chapter Three. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Respiratory System
- Chapter Four. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Renal and Genitourinary System
- Chapter Five. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Hematopoietic System
- Chapter Six. Caring for the Client with Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Balance and Acid/Base Balance
- Chapter Seven. Caring for the Client with Burns
- Chapter Eight. Caring for the Client with Sensorineural Disorders
- Chapter Nine. Caring for the Client with Cancer
- Chapter Ten. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Gastrointestinal System
- Chapter Eleven. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter Twelve. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Endocrine System
- Chapter Thirteen. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Cardiovascular System
- Chapter Fourteen. Caring for the Client with Disorders of the Neurological System
- Chapter Fifteen. Caring for the Client with Psychiatric Disorders
- Chapter Sixteen. Caring for the Maternal/Infant Client
- Chapter Seventeen. Caring for the Pediatric Client
- Practice Exam 1
- Answers to Practice Exam 1
- Practice Exam 2
- Answers to Practice Exam 2
- Appendix A. Things You Forgot
- Appendix B. Need to Know More?
- Appendix C. Alphabetical Listing of Nursing Boards in the United States and Protectorates
- Title: NCLEX-PN Exam Cram, Third Edition
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780132684101
You might also like
Introduction to ChatGPT and OpenAI
OpenAI ChatGPT is a powerful language model that uses advanced ML techniques to generate human-like text …
Social Media and Public Relations: Eight New Practices for the PR Professional
In Social Media and Public Relations: Eight New Practices for the PR Professional, social marketing pioneer …
Full Stack Web Development Mastery Course - Novice to Expert
Full stack development refers to the development of both frontend (client-side) and backend (server-side) portions of …
How to Do Nothing
A galvanizing critique of the forces vying for our attention-and our personal information-that redefines what we …