Negotiation may seem, at first sight, like something that other people do. High-powered business people, politicians and union leaders negotiate. But, what they are doing comes
down to bargaining, and all of us do that. When you bargain, and bargain successfully, you can smooth relations and save money, time, aggravation and face in many different
In Negotiation Skills for Rookies you will learn skills and gain insights that will help you to:
• Have business-like discussions with colleagues, clients and suppliers.
• Develop sound, effective communication techniques.
• Understand the role of negotiation in business.
• Orchestrate a range of different skills appropriate to the circumstances.
• Work around and with other people’s requirements in order to get the result you want.
Whether you have some negotiating experience already or are an outright beginner, this book expertly and simply explains the core techniques and essential principles and warns you of the pitfalls. With its straightforward and easy-to-apply guidelines, some determination and practice, you too can learn just how to get what you want – and get it
in the best possible way.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- 1. Understanding the process
- 2. Deploying the core techniques
- 3. The nearest thing to a magic formula: preparation
- 4. Using and trading variables
- 5. Deploying the tactics
- 6. Further techniques to keep you ahead
- 7. Adding another dimension
- 8. Dotting the i’s
- 9. Linking theory and practice
- 10. Focusing on the key issues
- The tools of the trade
- Title: Negotiation Skills for Rookies
- Release date: June 2014
- Publisher(s): LID Publishing
- ISBN: 9780462099538