Chapter 5. NetBeans Enterprise Application Development
In this chapter, we will cover the following recipes:
- Adding WildFly support to NetBeans
- Adding TomEE support to NetBeans
- Creating a web application
- Creating a web application with JSF support
- Adding JSF support to a web application
- Creating a JSF composite component
- Creating an EJB
- Creating a Message Driven EJB
- Creating a timer
- Creating a REST web service
- Using the Chrome Connector
Java EE is a remarkable technology for all that it can accomplish, but in earlier versions, it was criticized for being overly complicated and verbose.
Much of this criticism was justified for the fact that Java EE relied heavily on XML-based configuration, requiring many interfaces and exceptions, and presenting ...