Dive into key topics in network architecture and Go, such as data serialization, application level protocols, character sets and encodings. This book covers network architecture and gives an overview of the Go language as a primer, covering the latest Go release.
Beyond the fundamentals, Network Programming with Go covers key networking and security issues such as HTTP and HTTPS, templates, remote procedure call (RPC), web sockets including HTML5 web sockets, and more.
Additionally, author Jan Newmarch guides you in building and connecting to a complete web server based on Go. This book can serve as both as an essential learning guide and reference on Go networking.
What You'll Learn
- Master network programming with Go
- Carry out data serialization
- Use application-level protocols
- Manage character sets and encodings
- Deal with HTTP(S)
- Build a complete Go-based web server
- Work with RPC, web sockets, and more
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Go programmers and other programmers with some experience with the Go language.
Table of Contents
- 1. Architecture
- 2. Overview of the Go Language
- 3. Socket-Level Programming
- 4. Data Serialization
- 5. Application-Level Protocols
- 6. Managing Character Sets and Encodings
- 7. Security
- 8. HTTP
- 9. Templates
- 10. A Complete Web Server
- 11. HTML
- 12. XML
- 13. Remote Procedure Call
- 14. REST
- 15. WebSockets
- Title: Network Programming with Go: Essential Skills for Using and Securing Networks
- Release date: May 2017
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781484226919