Windows & Linux administration. Manage users, shared resources like drives, printers in a mixed environment
About This Video
- Complete beginner to expert skills ? This course does not assume any expertise in networking or OS knowledge.
- Practical demo tutorials ? Where most courses simply bombard you with dense theory and set you on your way, we believe in developing a deep understanding of not only what you're doing, but why you're doing it. That's why we focus on building up your understanding for infinitely better results down the line.
Do you know what it takes to make these two operating systems work together seamlessly within the same environment? How does a Linux user login to the system using their network credentials? How can Windows and Linux users share files? Share printers? These are some of the fundamental problems IT administrators struggle with on a daily basis. In this course, ?Networking Masterclass: Interoperability between Windows and Linux?, you will get an in-depth look at how to build bridges between your Windows and Linux systems. This course teaches you how to deploy, configure and manage your heterogeneous environment and implement interoperability mechanisms between your Windows computers and Linux workstations. These IT skills are in high demand, but there is no easy way to acquire this knowledge. Rather than rely on hit and trial method, this course will provide you with all the information you need to get started with your interoperability requirements. Start-up's and technology companies pay big bucks for IT administrators with the talent to set up these elaborate networks. They demand cloud engineers and consultants manage their heterogeneous network infrastructure, and in turn, you can demand top dollar for your abilities.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Introduction
- Introduction to Interoperability between Windows and Linux 00:01:41
- Course Overview 00:02:02
- Benefits of Interoperability 00:01:50
- Download Resources 00:00:32
- Get Ready For Interoperability between Windows and Linux 00:00:41
- Chapter 2 : Configure and Verify Windows and Linux Interoperability
- Chapter 3 : User Registration and De-Registration Process
- Chapter 4 : Network Password Policy Management
- Chapter 5 : Network Shared Drives/Folders
- Chapter 6 : Print Service Management
Chapter 7 : Conclusion
- Thanks! 00:03:52
- Title: Networking: Interoperability between Windows and Linux
- Release date: October 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789618372